11/3/10 Acapulco.- In a video uploaded today on YouTube, two unidentified men accused the cartel “La Familia Michoacana” of adding to the escalation of violence in the city, and admit to participating in the abduction and murder of 20-25 tourists who were from the neighboring state of Michoacán.
Only one minute and nine seconds in duration, it was uploaded under the screen “Brazorojo," and voice of is heard off camera that doesn't deviate from the question: "Who ordered the kidnapping and killing of the Michoacanos?”
In the video titled “Levantamiento y ejecución de los 20 michoacano por órdenes de Carlos Montemayor," two young men appear who both about 25 years old. One never talks, the other responds in a shaky voice to all the questions.
“-It was Tilde, Toribio, Picachu and Diego, by the orders of Carlos Montemayor.
And what is his (Montemavor) nicknames?
-They call him El Charro or El Compadre
What were your orders?
-We were going to take them to Cuernavaca, but the way to that city was full of military checkpoints…Then the orders where to bury them in the town of Tres Palos
Why did this massacre happen?
-All this happened because of La Familia Michoacana…because they took the plaza of Cuidad Altamirano away from us.”
Both men look frightened, beaten, and are seen to have their hands tied behind their backs.
Narco banners against Carlos Montemayor
On July 22nd of this year, four Narco banners were hung on bridges in the municipalities of Morelos that were signed by the South Pacific Cartel (CPS), led by Hector Beltran Leyvas' faction of the former cartel that bears his last name. The other half was controlled by Edgar Valdez Villarreal, "La Barbie".
One of the messages was directed at Edgar Villarreal, specifically threatening “La Barbie” and “your in-law Carlos Montemayor (El Compadre) also known as Alejandro García (Charro)”.
Holding Out Hope
Katia Rodríguez, family member of the missing tourists from Michoacan, said on an interview with Milenio Televisión today that she doesn't think the YouTube video is proof that the men are dead.
She says she expects the official version to confirm the allegations of the video are false and the narcograve recently found in Tunzingo, Guerrero, doesn't contain the bodies of the missing men.11/3/10 Tunzingo.- Two hours after the excavation began for what is presumed to be the dumping site for the bodies of the missing tourists from Michoacoan (who have been missing for 35 days), personnel for the office of the Attorney General of the state of Guerrero (PGJ) have removed three corpses.
A video recently released shows the interrogation of two young people who were later executed in the same zone where the bodies of three tourists have been presumed to have been found. The PGJ has not officially confirmed these rumors; the agent in charge of the case, Enrique Gil Mercado said no further details could be released at this time.
The zone which is located in a rural area just outside Acapulco, was secured by elements of the 56th battalion infantry and members of the Region 4 Military unit. They were accompanied by the 8th Zone Navy unit who helped form the majority of the outer perimeter of the crime scene. A while later, State and Ministerial police for the state of Guerrero also arrived to help with the investigation.
Nine hours after the discovery of the narcofosa (gravesite), officers of the PGJ were able to dig out the an area of four square meters that contained human remains.
After exhuming the bodies, the Forensic Medical Service technicians, led by the director of the institution Keynes García Leguizama, responded to them “There are no body bags to transport the corpses, bring them however we can because there is no other way to do it."
The 2 men that appear on the video were executed and their bodies abandoned at the site of of the narcofosa in Tuncingo, Guerrero
Forensics staff and soldiers at the clandestine gravesite in Tuncingo. As of Wednesday evening 18 bodies had been recovered.