By Chris Covert
Mexican army and naval infantry forces have since August 24th seized 42.286 kilograms of methamphetamine , 398.77 kilograms of cocaine, MX $205,700 (USD $15,595.27) and USD $25,300.00 (MX $333,704.41) in cash, according to information provided by official Mexican government sources.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 9th Military Zone detained five unidentified individuals and seized weapons in Sinaloa state August 24th. The arrests took place near the village of Buchinari in Sinaloa de Leyva municiality where soldiers seized one rifle, two handguns, six weapons magazines, 133 rounds of ammunition and a stolen vehicle.
- An army unit with the Mexican 45th Military Zone located an abandoned vehicle with weapons aboard in Sonora state August 27th. The unit was on patrol in Agua Prieta municipality when soldiers located the vehicle containing five rifles, including a Barrett 0.50 caliber rifle, 50 weapons magazines 2,875 rounds ammunition and tactical gear.
- A Mexican Army unit in the 6th Military Zone detained two unidentified individuals following an exchange of gunfire in Coahuila state August 27th. The unit was on patrol in Piedra Negras municipality when soldiers came under small arms fire by an unknown number of armed suspects. After ending the gunfight, soldiers detained two of the shooters and seized two handguns, seven weapons magazines, 35 rounds of ammunition and USD $13,000.00 (MX $171,468.60) in cash.
- An army unit with the 22nd Mexican Military Zone detained two unidentified individuals and seized weapons and munitions in Mexico state August 28th. The arrests took place in Luvianos municipality where soldiers seized four rifles, 24 weapons magazines, 730 rounds of ammunition and two tactical vests. Note these detentions and seizures took place two days after 30 unidentified gang members were reportedly killed in an intergang firefight in the same municipality.
- A total of three unidentified armed suspects were killed in a firefight involving a Mexican Army unit in Veracruz state August 30th. The gun fight took place in New Tuxpan colony in Cordoba municipality where an army unit attached to the 26th Military Zone came under small arms fire. Army return fire killed three armed suspects and soldiers detained two others. An unidentified man who was apparently a kidnapping victim, was released following the gunfight. Three rifles were seized in the aftermath.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 36th Military Zone seized a large quantity of cocaine in Chiapas state August 29th. The unit searched a truck which was found to have 398 coffee packages with 389 kilograms of cocaine. One unidentified suspect, the driver, was detained at the scene.
- An army unit with the Mexican 45th Military Zone seized quantities of guns in Sonora state August 29th. The unit was on patrol in Plutarco Elias Calles municipality, when soldiers spotted a suspect presumably with a weapon. A search of a residence located three rifles, six handguns, 575 rounds of ammunition, 19 weapons magazines, three vehicles and quantities of tactical gear. The suspect was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 19th Military Zone detained two armed suspects in Veracruz state following a gun fight August 29th. The unit was on patrol in Ciudad Cuauhtemoc municipality when it came under small arms fire. Army return fire ended the gunfight and led to the arrest of two unidentified suspects. Soldiers also seized one rifle, two handguns, 45 rounds of ammunition, six weapons magazines, one stolen vehicle and MX $8,700.00 (USD $659.60) in cash.
- A joint raid involving municipal police from Mexicali municipality in Baja California state and soldiers with the 2nd Military Zone netted drugs and drug laboratory equipment August 29th. The raid took place near the intersection of Calles Bambu and Saratoga in Ejido Los Algodones where a total of 6.650 kilograms of methamphetamine were seized along with quantities of precursor chemicals, one handgun and 56 rounds of ammunition.
- Soldiers with the 2nd Military Zone posted at the Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport in Tijuana municipality in Baja California state, detained two unidentified individuals with large sums of cash in their possession August 29th. One suspect had USD $12,300.00 (MX $162,235.74) and MX $4,500.00 (USD $341.17),while the other had MX $192,500 (USD $14,594.50).
- One unidentified armed suspect was killed in a firefight with a Mexican Army unit in Guerrero state August 29th. The unit with the Mexican 35th Military Zone was on road patrol near the village of Las Anonita in Ajuchitlan del Progreso municipality when it came under small arms fire. Army return fire killed one. Soldiers seized weapons in the aftermath including ten rifles, one handgun, four homemade grenades, 31 weapons magazines, 1,907 rounds of ammunition and two vehicles.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 45th Military Zone seized a number of weapons in Sonora state August 31st. The unit was on patrol in the municipality of Carborca when soldiers found an abandoned vehicle containing five rifles, 13 weapons magazines, 378 rounds of ammunition and tactical gear.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 2nd Military Zone seized quantities of cocaine and methamphetamine at a checkpoint in Baja California state August 31st. A truck carrying bottled water from Sinalo state was stopped near Ejido Guadalajara in Mexicali municipality where soldiers located 50 packages with 27.7 kilograms of methamphatamine and nine packages with 9.77 kilograms of cocaine. Then driver was detained at the scene.
- An army unit with the 2nd Military Zone seized a quantity of methamphetamine at a checkpoint in Baja California August 30th. The checkpoint was located at Kilometer 36.7 of the Tijuana-Ensenada road where a truck was searched. Soldiers found 3.546 kilograms of methamphatamine hidden aboard. The unidentified driver was detained at the scene.
- Soldiers from the 2nd Military Zone performed a traffic stop in La Herrera colony in Playas de Tijuana delegation in Tijuana municipality, finding 2.19 kilograms of methamphetamine August 30th. The driver was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican naval infantry unit seized drugs and wepons in Ciudad Guzman in Jalisco state August 26th. Several members of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion criminal cartel were detained, including Raul Sosa Jimenez AKA El Bufalo, Guillermo Alberto Ramirez Mundo AKA El Wily, Jose Antonio Reyes Mundo AKA El Tres and Maria Nélida Flores Reyes AKA La Gorda. A quantity of methamphetamine totalling 1.2 kilograms were seized along with five assault rifles, five handguns, weapons magazines ammunition, tactical gear, two vehicles and communication equipment.
- Mexican naval infantry troops detained two individuals and seized quantities of drug and guns in Jalisico state August 30th. José Javier Ramirez Chavez AKA El Bocho and Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes AKA El Mencho were arrested in Ciudad Guzman. Both detainees were said to be leaders in the Jalisco Nueva Generacion criminal cartel. Marines seized a total of one kilogram of methamphetamine, two rifles, a grenade launcher attachment, two pistols, five grenades, weapons magazines and ammunition.