Nine individuals were killed and three others wounded in or around Monterrey, Nuevo Leon Saturday and Sunday, five of them at the hands of the Mexican Army.
|Fuerzas Civiles in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon|
- A Mexican Army unit came under small arms fire at a location on the Monterrey, Neuvo Leon to Monclova, Coahuila highway from an undisclosed number of armed suspects. The shooting took place last Sunday at about 1730 hrs at El Rancho San Gabriel,near the village of San Bartolo which is at Kilometer 116 of the highway. Army return fire killed three armed suspects. One soldier was reportedly wounded in the exchange of gunfire. In the aftermath, soldiers seized four vehicles, weapons and ammunition.
- Two unidentified armed suspects were killed and three more were detained Saturday in a firefight between a detachment of the Mexican Army and armed suspects. The shootout took place in the village of San Rafael in Galeana municipality in Nuevo Leon state, where the army unit came under small arms fire by the suspect group.
- Two unidentified men were wounded and a third critically wounded in a shooting in Monterrey city Sunday. The shooting took place near the intersection of calles Sidra and Ortiguilla in La Esperanza colony where armed suspects broke into a residence at shot the three men.
- A man in his 20s was shot to death in Monterrey Monday afternoon. José Luis Lara Resendiz, 22, was shot to death a short distance from his mother's home in Venustiano Carranza colony near the intersection of calles Francisco Mungia and Emiliano Zapata. Shortly after leaving the residence armed suspects travelling aboard a sedan pursued the victim a short distance before hitting him with gunfire at about 1420 hrs.
- A man was shot to death Sunday night in northern Monterrey. Eduardo Rodríguez Armejo, 23, was shot near the intersection of calles Hoz and Brida in Fomerrey 113 colony after a shouting match with armed suspects who were travelling aboard a sedan. Reports say an AR-15 was used in the shooting, and that a second unidentified individual also exchanged words with armed suspects before the shooting.
- An unidentified youth was shot to death near a children's party in Monterrey Monday. The victim had been accosted on the street by armed suspects in Unidad Pedreras colony near the Topo Chico hills.
- An unidentified youth in his teens was shot to death in Monterrey Sunday night. The victim was walking with his mother and a toddler when armed suspects travelling aboard a sedan near the intersection of calles Toronja and Melocotones in Fomerrey 121 colony, shot him to death.