Mexican Army units operating throughout Mexico have seized 1,215.845 kilograms of marijuana and two kilograms of opium gum, as well as smaller quantities of various drugs since February 17th, according to information posted at the website of Secretaria de Defensa Nacional (SEDENA), the controlling agency for the Mexican Army.
- A detachment of the Mexican 5th Military Zone arrested two individuals for possession of firearms February 20th in Chihuahua state. The patrol was in Lo Largo Maderal in Madera municipality when the arrest took place. Weapons seized included one rifle, one handgun, ten weapons magazines, 107 rounds of ammunition and a vehicle.
- An army patrol in Narciso Mendoza colony in Reynosa came under small arms fire by an unknown number of shooters. Army return fire killed four. Nine unidentified armed suspects were detained. Seized following the gunfight were nine rifles, one grenade launcher attachment (probably 40mm), 131 weapons magazines, 1,700 rounds of ammunition, tactical and communications gear, one motorcycle and three vehicles.
- In Ciudad Victoria, an army patrol came under small arms fire from armed suspects in Modelo colony. Army return fire killed four. Materiel sized following the confrontation included four rifles, one 40mm grenade launcher, one 40mm grenade, 40 .223 weapons magazines, 1,302 rounds of .223 caliber ammunition, tactical and communications gear and one vehicle.
- An army detachment with the Mexican 4th Military Zone seized a number of weapons in a presumed traffic stop in western Sonora state. The stop took place Ciudad Obregon where soldiers took possession of eight rifles, one grenade, 36 weapons magazines, 600 rounds of ammunition, and one vehicle. One unidentified individual was arrested at the scene.
- Army units with the 29th and 19 Military Zones in at least two incidents detained five individuals and seized a number of contraband February 20th in Veracruz state as part of Veracruz Seguro security operation. Contraband taken included three handguns, one rifle, three weapons magazines, 135 rounds of ammunition and three stolen vehicles. A total of two kilograms of marijuana were seized.
- Three armed suspects were killed by an army detachment of the Mexican 21st Military Zone in Michoacan state February 18th. The unit attempted a traffic stop of three vehicles in Las Parotas in Tuzantla municipality, but were instead fire on. Army return fire killed three including one individual identified as El Perro, who is said to be the leader of La Familia criminal gang in the area. Seized materiel included seven rifles, one handgun, one fragmentation grenade, 38 weapons magazines, 912 rounds of ammunition and three vehicles. Drugs seized included 6.845 kilograms of marijuana.
- A unit of the Mexican 45th Military Zone found several kilograms of marijuana in Sonora state February 21st. The unit found a vehicle and 437 kilograms of marijuana in 43 packages.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 13th Military Zone detained one unidentified individual with drugs and weapons in Nayarit state February 22nd. The arrest took place in La Presa in Santiago Ixcuintla municipality where soldiers seized two kilograms of opium gum, personal quantities of cocaine and marijuana and quantities of crack cocaine divided for retail sale, two handguns, one weapons magazine, two rounds of ammunition and one motorcycle.
- An army unit on patrol on the Atotonilco-Tototlan road near El Castillo in Atotonilco colony February 17th detained four individuals in a presumed traffic stop. Contraband seized included 114 packages of methamphetamine divided for retail sale, 20 packages of marijuana, 13 packages of cocaine, one rifle, one handgun, 50 rounds of ammunition and two vehicles.
- On Calle Allende in Jocotepec municipality February 17th an army unit found an abandoned vehicle with one rifle, one weapons magazine, 55 rounds of ammunition, three packages of cocaine and one package of marijuana inside.
- On February 18th an army unit on Calle Barra de Navidaa in Jalisco colony in Tonala municipality found small quantities of , methamphetamine and marijuana, one rifle, one handgun, four weapons magazines and six rounds of ammunition.
- On February 19th an army unit on Calle Zaragoza in Zona Cdentro of Ocotlan, detained an unidentified individual with 340 grams of methamphetamine, one rifle, one weapons magazine and 39 rounds of ammunition.
- In the village of Santa Rita in Ayotlan municipality, soldiers detained one unidentified individual with 118 packages of cocaine, 108 packages of marijuana, 60 packages of methamphetamine and one package with 33 grams of methamphetamine.
Badanov's Burnt Blunt Special
A unit of the Mexican 9th Military Zone incinerated 52.8 kilograms of marijuana and small quantities of glass methamphetamine and cocaine February 21st in Los Mochis, Sinaloa.