Blog dedicated to reporting on Mexican drug cartels
on the border line between the US and Mexico
.

Showing posts with label tucanes de tijuana. Show all posts
Showing posts with label tucanes de tijuana. Show all posts

Friday, October 26, 2012

Member of Tucanes de Tijuana's Son Arrested for Kidnapping

Borderland Beat

TIJUANA, October 25. - Earlier this week Municipal police dismantled a kidnapping ring. Among those arrested was a son of the drummer of the famous norteno band,  los Tucanes de Tijuana
 
Municipal Public Security Secretariat  reported at the time of his arrest , David Servin, 31, the son of the drummer of Tucanes de Tijuana, was carrying a submachine gun loaded with ammo.
  David Servín Rodríguez
David Servín Rodriguez was arrested with four other alleged members of the criminal kidnapping gang, after they extorted a person who they had already kidnapped on a previous occasion to demand more money. The victim told authorities that on October 5 he was deprived of his freedom and paid $ 25,000 to be released, but then they called him back with death threats demanding more and than eight thousand U.S. dollars a vehicle.

After the criminals got the money and the automobile, they fled in two cars but were stopped by police and arrested in the vicinity of the dam.

Besides David  Servín, the other detainees are Jose Alfredo Alvarado Orozco aka "El Clipper", who is identified as gang leader, Marco Iran Ortiz Martinez, Victor Ivan Rodriguez Villaand Jesus Heriberto Arballo Burgara, 31.

los tucanes de tijuana



The municipal Public Security Secretariat (SSP) said at the time of the arrest of the five people, they also seized firearms, including the machine gun carried at the time by David Servín Rodriguez

Los Tucanes de Tijuana haven't been present in Tijuana after Lieutenant Colonel Julián Leyzaola accused them of having ties to organized crime.

Excelsior, El Mex

Sunday, January 3, 2010

TJ Violence Blamed on Two Drug Gangs


Tijuana, BC - Five victims were shot inside a seafood restaurant, four were decapitated, one was shot and hung from a bridge. A surge in gangland-style killings in Tijuana is being linked to two rival drug trafficking groups vying for control of the region.

Since last month, the death toll has been mounting rapidly: Of 71 homicides reported so far in the last month, 24 took place on last Tuesday and Wednesday. Many recent victims were men in their 20s, though the youngest was 14 and the oldest appeared to be close to 60, authorities said.

“We are witnessing a war between drug traffickers,” said Rommel Moreno Manjarrez, Baja California’s attorney general. Many of those who have been killed are low-level operatives in the trafficking organizations, he said, and many have criminal records.

“From every angle, this points to organized crime,” Rommel said.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Los Tucanes Big Comeback to Tijuana

A scheduled concert of the musical group Los Tucanes de Tijuana announced for last Saturday night at the border town of Tijuana was cancelled by order of the City authorities, after the Secretary of Public Security, Julián Leyzaola , asked the Mexico Attorney General to investigate members of that group, for possible links to organized crime espeficially with the capo Teodoro Garcia Simental, known as the "Tres Letras" or "El Teo" and his operator Raydel López Uriarte, alias "El Muletas."

Following statements by the Secretary for Security, who was visibly upset and even called for the return of the  "death penalty" for offenders who have executed several officers. The authorities asked the band's promoter Juan Manuel Perez to cancel the scheduled concert for the night at the stadium Caliente.

There was an argument only known as informal that the permit that was granted for the event was only for the rest of the bands that had been announced, but not for Los Tucanes de Tijuana, which worried the agency as it turned out had sold more than eleven thousand tickets.