Since December 11th, 2012, Mexican Army units throughout Mexican have seized 11,488.275 kilograms of marijuana, 99 kilograms of marijuana seeds,147.2 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine and 9.1 kilograms of cocaine and 2.125 kilograms of heroin, according to official Mexican government sources.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 5th Military Zone seized more than two metric tons of marijuana in Chihuahua state December 11th. An army checkpoint near Samalayuca stopped a tractor trailer rig from Guadalajara, Jalisco, bound for Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. Hidden among foam bricks soldiers found 3,948 packages of marijuana totalling 2,815 kilograms. The driver was detained at the scene.
- An army unit with the Mexican 42nd Military Zone seized more than one metric tons of marijuana in Chihuahua state December 11th. The unit was on patrol in Ciudad Guerrero municipality when it rolled up on three abandoned vehicles. Inside soldiers seized 2,315 packages of marijuana totalling 1,060 kilograms of marijuana. Additionally a press used to process the marijuana and a trailer were seized.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 45th Military Zone seized a quantity of marijuana in Sonora state December 9th. The unit was on patrol in Trincheras municipality when it rolled up on an abandoned aircraft which had a total of 425 kilograms of marijuana in 42 packages. In additional soldiers located three drums with 150 liters of aviation fuel at the location, and three bags of marijuana seeds totalling 44 kilograms.
- An army unit with the 24th Military Zone rescued an unidentified kidnapping victim in Morelos state December 15th. Acting on a an anonymous complain the unit located the victim in Xochitepec Villas colony in Xochitepec municipality. Two unidentified individuals were also detained at the scene. Additionally, soldiers seized two handguns two weapons magazines, 20 rounds of ammunition, personal quantities of marijuana, .700 kilograms of marijuana and a vehicle.
- A joint operation involving a Mexican Army unit with the 45th Military Zone and Policia Federal seized quantities of crystal methamphetamine and cocaine in Sonora state December 19th. The security forces were at a military checkpoint in San Luis Rio Colorado municipality. Security agents found 146.3 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine and 2.7 kilograms of cocaine in 129 packages in a false bottom of a fuel tanker truck. The driver was detained at the scene.
- A military unit with the Mexican 2nd Military Zone seized drugs in Baja California state December 18th. The packages of heroin were found strapped to the legs of two unidentified suspects near the baggage claim area of the Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport in Tijuana. A total of 2.125 kilograms of heroin were located. the two suspects were detained at the scene.
- An army unit with the Mexican 2nd Military Zone located marijuana in San Felipe municipality December 19th in Baja California state. The unit rolled up on an abandoned aircraft containing 350 kilograms of marijuana. Another vehicle was also seized at the scene.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 8th Military Zone seized almost one metric ton of marijuana in Tamaulipas state December 18th. The military unit was on patrol when soldiers found 933.075 kilograms of marijuana in 119 packages hidden in the brush in Camargo municipality.
- An army unit with the Mexican 8th Military Zone seized a quantity of marijuana in Tamaulipas state December 19th. The unit located 17.1 kilograms of marijuana in eight packages hiddden in the brush in Matamoros municipality near the Rio Bravo.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 8th Military Zone seized a quantity of marijuana in Miguelo Aleman municipality in Tamaulipas state December 19th. The unit located 124.8 kilograms of marijuana in nine packages hidden in the brush near the village of Los Angeles.
- An army unit with the Mexican 8th Military Zone seized a quantitiy of marijuana in Tamaulipas state in two separate operations December 21st and 22nd. The find were made in Nuevo Laredo municipality on the banks of the Rio Bravo where soldiers seized 314 packages of marijuana totalling 1,287.6 kilograms.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 34th Military Zone seized a quantity of cocaine in Quintana Roo state December 23rd. The seizure took place at the Cancun International airnport in Cancun where soldiers secured 7.1 kilograms of cocaine in ten packages. Two unidentified male suspects were detained at the scene.
- An army unit with the Mexican 9th Military Zone raided a location in Sianaloa state seizing quantities of drugs and munitions December 26th. The raid took place in Culican municipality in the Los Angeles colony. Drugs secured included .900 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine and a small quantity of marijuana. Weapons and munitions secured included four rifles, three handguns, a grenade launcher attachment, a grenade, 22 weapons magazines, 511 rounds of ammunition. A truck and a radio were secured by military personnel as well.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 44th Military Zine seized more than one metric ton of marijuana in Oaxaca state December 27th. The military unit was on patrol near the village of San Marcos La Chinilla in Miahuatlan de Porfirio Diaz municipality when it came upon the drugs in an abandoned location. Total seized included 1,300 kilograms of marijuana in 90 packages. Two rifles were also found at the location.
- An army unit with the Mexican 9th Military Zone secured weapons and munitions in a raid in Sinaloa state December 28th. The raid took place at a residence in Culican municipality on Bulevar Rotarismo in the city. Weapons and munition secured included nine rifles, five handguns, one grenade launcher attachment, 93 weapons magazines, 13,788 rounds of ammunition. Vehicles seized included four vehicles and one motorcycle.
- A military unit with the 44th Military Zone secured more than three metric tons of marijuana in raids over three days in Oaxaca state between December 25th and December 28th. The raids took place near the villages of Romadito and San Vicente Coatlan where soldiers seized a total of 3,175 kilograms of marijuana in various packages. A total of 45 kilograms of marijuana were also secured.