By Chris Covert
Between March 15th and March 25th Mexican Amry and Naval Infantry units seized in ongoing counternarcotics operations throughout Mexico 2,622.493 kilograms of marijuana, 4.78 kilograms of cocaine, .254 kilograms of glass methamphetamine, 770 liters of liquid methamphetamine, 326.25 kilograms of solid methamphetamine, MP $7.703 (USD $596.82) and USD $164.00 (MP $2102.60) in cash.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 15th Military Zone detained one unidentified individual in Ocotlan municipality in Jalisco state March 15th. The detainee had 28 packages of cocaine and .223 kilograms of marijuana on his person.
- On March 19th, an army unit with the Mexican 15th Military Zone in Jalisco state seized guns and drugs in Cabecera municipality. Contraband seized included two handguns, two weapons magazines, .254 kilograms of glass methamphetamine, .180 kilograms of cocaine and .190 kilograms of marijuana.
- On March 20th, a Mexican Army unit with the 15th Military Zone detained five unidentified individuals and secured drugs and guns in Ocotlan municipality. Included contraband were 1.5 kilograms of marijuana, personal quantities of cocaine and glass methamphetamine, two rifles, 11 weapons magazines, 330 rounds of ammunition, MP $200.00 (USD $15.60) in cash, tactical and communications gear, three motorcycles and one vehicle.
- An Army unit with the Mexican 15th Military Zone located a hidden drug laboratory in Tlajomulco de Zúñiga municipality March 21st. Soldiers seized 200 liters of paint thinner, 200 liters of alcohol, 30 liters of acetone, 30 liters of ether, one acetylene bottle, one industrial gas bottle and a reactor.
- On March 23rd a Mexican Army unit with the 15th Military Zone detained one unidentified individual in Las Liebres colony in Tlaquepaque municipality. Soldiers took possession of .230 kilograms of marijuana.
- An army unit with the Mexican 2nd Military Zone detained four unidentified individuals in Tijuana municipality in Baja California March 23rd. The arrests took place in El Dorado colony in La Presa Delagacion where soldiers also seized 15.6 kilograms of marijuana in eight packages, five handguns, six weapons magazines, 36 rounds of ammunition and two vehicles.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 2nd Military Zone detained four unidentified individuals in Tijuana municipality in Baja California March 23rd. The detentions took place in Real de San Francisco colony in Delegacion La Presa where soldiers found 162 kilograms of marijuana, three rifles, one weapons magazine, 114 rounds of ammunition and one vehicle.
- Army units with the Mexican 19th and 26th Military Zone seized a number of weapons in Coatzintla, Ixtaczoquitlan and Jaltipan municipalities in Veracruz state March 23rd. Included contraband seized were four rifles, one handgun, nine weapons magazines, 300 rounds of ammunition and three vehicles.
- Army units with the Mexican 9th Military Zone located three vehicles in Sinaloa state March 23rd with quantities of drugs and guns. The vehicles were found in Angostura and Mocorito municipalities, where soldiers found 1.5 kilograms of marijuana, 4.6 kilograms of cocaine, one fragmentation grenade, 1,658 rounds of ammunition, 18 weapons magazines, tactical gear and three vehicles.
- An army unit with the Mexican 45th Military Zone conducted a search of a tractor trailer rig at a military checkpoint along Sonora State Highway 40, at a location between Golpo Santa Clara and San Luis Rio Colorado in Sonora state March 24th. Inside the trailer soldiers found 2,440 kilograms of marijuana. The unidentified truck driver was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican Naval Infantry unit in Sinaloa state March 25th located a hidden synthetic drug laboratory. The lab was found eight kilometers from the village of Marmol de Salcido in Mazatlan municipality. Marines found 400 liters of liquid methamphetamine, 300 kilograms of solid methamphetamine, 675 kilograms of caustic soda, five stills, 10 dryers, eight gas cylinders, 157 plastic drums with a capacity of 10, 15,and 50 liters, 59 drums with a capacity of 200 liters each of which contained unidentified chemicals, 60 plastic containers with a capacity of 100 liters each (three of them containing solid chemicals), 30 bottles of water and an oxygen tank.
|Mexican Naval Infantry at a synthetic drug lab in Sinaloa state|
- A Mexican Army unit with the 5th Military Zone stopped a tractor trailer rig at a military checkpoint in Juarez in Chihuahua state March 25th. Soldiers found 183.78 kilograms of marijuana aboard the trailer. The unidentified driver was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 9th Military Zone in Sinaloa state March 25th located a hidden synthetic drug laboratory. The lab was found near the village of Carrizalejo in Culiacan municipality where soldiers seized 26.25 kilograms of solid methamphetamine, 370 liters of liquid methamphetamine, 350.5 kilograms of an unidentified chemical, 100 kilograms of ammonia, five kilograms of mercury, one liter of tartric acid, 110 liters of alcohol, 98 liters of caustic soda, 1,296 liters of an unidentified chemical and two metallic reactors.
- Army units with the Mexican 7th Military Zone conducted several traffic stops in Nuevo Leon state March 25th. The stops took place in Escobedo, Cadereyta and China municipalities where soldiers detained six suspected criminals and seized quantities of marijuana powder and rock cocaine divided for retail sale, 11 rifles, 17 rounds of ammunition, two grenades, MP $2,900.00 (USD $226.20) in cash, communications and tactical gear, and five vehicles.
- On March 22nd in Jalisco state an army unit with the 15th Military Zone detained two unidentified individuals and seized a quantity of contraband in Tepatitlan de Morelos municipality. Soldiers seized .105 kilograms of methamphetamine, .900 kilogramos of marijuana, two handguns, four weapons magazines, 91 rounds of ammunition, one fragmentation grenade, MP $2,603.00 (USD $203.03) in cash, six radios and two vehicles.
- On March 23rd an army unit with the Mexican 15th Military Zone in Encarnacion de Diaz municipality of Jalisco state detained two unidentified individuals and seized .360 kilograms of marijuana, personal quantities of cocaine and methamphetamine and 26 packages of methamphetamine divided for retail sale.
- On March 24th in Jalisco state, a Mexican Army unit with the 15th Military Zone detained three unidentified individuals in Jamay municipality, seizing 1.120 kilograms of marijuana, personal quantities of methamphetamine and cocaine, 19 rounds of ammunition, MP $2,000.00 (USD $156.00.) and USD $164.00 (MP $2102.60) in cash, three radios and three vehicles.
- On March 24th in Jalisco state in Ojuelos municipality soldiers found two apparently abandoned vehicles with personal quantities of marijuana, two weapons magazines and 49 rounds of ammunition aboard.
Chris Covert writes Mexican Drug War and national political news for Rantburg.com