Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mexico Detains Suspect in Killings of 2 Americans

Ciuadad Juarez, Chihuahua - The Mexican army has detained an alleged gang leader who is suspected in the March 13 murders of three people with ties to the U.S. consulate in Juárez, Mexican officials said today.
Coordinated Chihuahua Operation officials identified the suspect as Ricardo Valles de la Rosa, an alleged Azteca or Barrio Azteca member. Authorities plan to release details of his arrest later today.

Earlier this month, armed gunmen shot to death Arthur Redelfs, a detention officer with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office; his wife Lesley Enriquez Redelfs, who worked for the consulate; and Jorge Salcido Ceniceros, a maquiladora supervisor and husband of Hilda Antillon, also a consulate employee.

Police said the gunmen in two separate vehicles pursued the victims after they had left a children's party at the Barquito de Papel hall in Juárez.

The killers used AK-47s and 9mm handguns.

The FBI, DEA, El Paso County Sheriff's Department and other law enforcement agencies teamed up to investigate the murders. However, their investigation is limited to the U.S. side of the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, refer to policy for more information.
Envía fotos, vídeos, notas, enlaces o información
Todo 100% Anónimo;

borderlandbeat@gmail.com